• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice for Armed Robbery count

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Big Sister

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MS

I am trying to find out the best recourse for my brother. He is currently in jail facing a court date for Armed Robber and Burgulary of a residence in MS. Would it be beneficial or hurtful to my brother's case to ask for a Psychiatric evaluation. He as had some devestaing losses in the last 2 years that we feel he will crack and try to kill himself again if in prison. He is poetntially looking at 20 years. I would like to try to get that reduced by addressing the thearpist issue. Is that right or should I just leave well enough alone?

thank you

S

seniorjudge

Big Sister said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MS

I am trying to find out the best recourse for my brother. He is currently in jail facing a court date for Armed Robber and Burgulary of a residence in MS. Would it be beneficial or hurtful to my brother's case to ask for a Psychiatric evaluation. He as had some devestaing losses in the last 2 years that we feel he will crack and try to kill himself again if in prison. He is poetntially looking at 20 years. I would like to try to get that reduced by addressing the thearpist issue. Is that right or should I just leave well enough alone?

thank you
Psychiatric defenses are rarely successful.

You would have to prove (basically) that he did not know the difference between right and wrong.

Not only is that exceptionally difficult to prove, most jurors won't buy it anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">