• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bill of sale, absolute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allainlinda

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Florida
I recently was called on the phone about selling some property I own.
I am questioning the wording on one of the documents I am signng to complete the sale. The - Bill of Sale, Absolute- It states ' for and in consideration of the sum of Ten dollars($10.00) lawful money of the United States,'.. to be paid by the buyer; I am selling , transfering and delivering the following goods and chattels located on the property... NONE..

The Warranty Deed also says that I am; ' in consideration of Ten and 00/100's ($10.00) and other valuable considerations of ... I hereby acknowledge ,grant and I am selling my property to .. the buyer.etc.

Now the Purchase and Sales Agreement and the Settlement Statement actually use the amount I am really selling the lot for.$xxx,xxx.

Is this JUST.. legal phrasing.. and is it okay? Will I receive the monies we had agreed on as stated on the other documents ( the purchase and sales and the settlement agreement? :confused:

HomeGuru

allainlinda said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Florida
I recently was called on the phone about selling some property I own.
I am questioning the wording on one of the documents I am signng to complete the sale. The - Bill of Sale, Absolute- It states ' for and in consideration of the sum of Ten dollars($10.00) lawful money of the United States,'.. to be paid by the buyer; I am selling , transfering and delivering the following goods and chattels located on the property... NONE..

The Warranty Deed also says that I am; ' in consideration of Ten and 00/100's ($10.00) and other valuable considerations of ... I hereby acknowledge ,grant and I am selling my property to .. the buyer.etc.

Now the Purchase and Sales Agreement and the Settlement Statement actually use the amount I am really selling the lot for.$xxx,xxx.

Is this JUST.. legal phrasing.. and is it okay? Will I receive the monies we had agreed on as stated on the other documents ( the purchase and sales and the settlement agreement? :confused:
**A: your post is very confusing. Are you selling a mobile home AND land separately? You do not state what you are selling and the details.
We can't help you. You need an attorney.

allainlinda

HomeGuru said:
**A: your post is very confusing. Are you selling a mobile home AND land separately? You do not state what you are selling and the details.
We can't help you. You need an attorney.
Reply:I am just selling a piece of land. A home lot . Only about 1/4 acre. and
All would like to know is this a typical way of writting up a bill of sale, Absolute. Which is the legal sale price, the settlement statement or the bill of sale? I was told this is a typical way of handling the sale? Could I be being swiddled? Thanks anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">