• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Sacramento County hold a Carte Blanche easement on my property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDWilson

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

The county came by and stated that I am in violation of 3 zoning codes. Is the county allowed to 1. Set foot on my property without permission 2. Take pictures of my home and property (they took pictures of my car in my driveway and took pictures of my backyard from over my fence) and 3. Bill (read extort) money from me for coming out to my property in the first place? They want me to pay 240.00 for supposedly coming out to my property on 4/20/05 (I spoke to the agent who's name is signed on the Notice of Violation who stated did not and could not have inspected my property bacause he was in class). They have now come out to my property again (for the first time really) and took pictures of my supposed violations. Should I choose to appeal their "findings" I can send an application of appeal with a fee of 1,157.00!!!

This is extortion. I am not going to pay the county any money other than the heafty property taxes I pay each yar.

What are my rights on this? Are they allowed to 1. Set foot on my property without permission 2. Take pictures of my home and property???

Please help. This has all come about because I called CPS on my brother and his wife and the courts granted me custody of their child until they get themselves together. My brothers' soon to be exwife has called daycare licensing (I care for 1 child) and the county on me because she thinks by harassing me they will give the child to her or her screwed up family.

She truly is.... a piece of work.

rmet4nzkx

JDWilson said:

The county came by and stated that I am in violation of 3 zoning codes. Is the county allowed to 1. Set foot on my property without permission 2. Take pictures of my home and property (they took pictures of my car in my driveway and took pictures of my backyard from over my fence) and 3. Bill (read extort) money from me for coming out to my property in the first place? They want me to pay 240.00 for supposedly coming out to my property on 4/20/05 (I spoke to the agent who's name is signed on the Notice of Violation who stated did not and could not have inspected my property bacause he was in class). They have now come out to my property again (for the first time really) and took pictures of my supposed violations. Should I choose to appeal their "findings" I can send an application of appeal with a fee of 1,157.00!!!

This is extortion. I am not going to pay the county any money other than the heafty property taxes I pay each yar.

What are my rights on this? Are they allowed to 1. Set foot on my property without permission 2. Take pictures of my home and property???

Please help. This has all come about because I called CPS on my brother and his wife and the courts granted me custody of their child until they get themselves together. My brothers' soon to be exwife has called daycare licensing (I care for 1 child) and the county on me because she thinks by harassing me they will give the child to her or her screwed up family.

Your post is difficult to follow and you never clearly state what the violation is for which you were cited. However, if you are in violation of zoneing ordinances, you are in violation and you need to correct the problem. The county has a duty to enforce. They can take pictures of your property as evidence of the violation.

HomeGuru

JDWilson said:

**A: your post is very emotional. If you stick to only the facts, you may get some help here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">