• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tanning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feastervilee

What is the name of your state?Maine

I have a vacant apartment above my garage, it's fairly small. I was thinking about turning it into a tanning business. But i don't know where to start. What type of business license will I need? Do I have to be liscensed to have a tanning bed business? Can I have this business in that apartment? Any other info you can provide will help. I've never imaged starting my own business, so any advice will help.
Thanks ahead of time for your comments.

JETX

feastervilee said:
I have a vacant apartment above my garage, it's fairly small. I was thinking about turning it into a tanning business. But i don't know where to start. What type of business license will I need? Do I have to be liscensed to have a tanning bed business? Can I have this business in that apartment? Any other info you can provide will help. I've never imaged starting my own business, so any advice will help.
Thanks ahead of time for your comments.
What do you think this website is..... your own personal 'lookup' service???
Contact your city/county clerk, zoning and/or health department!!

feastervilee

No i don't think this is my personal look up service. I've looked around my state's goverment website and wasn't able to find was i was looking for. I just figured i wasn't looking in the right place, so i'd come here and get some advice and go back to that website. Also, i do intend to contact those places, but I don't think they are open on friday night or saturday, and i'm pretty sure they might be closed on sunday. Just thought I wouldn't get some ideas, and advice.
If my post bother you so bad, why did you waste YOUR time and reply, why not just move on and ignore it?

busygirl1274

first place to start is going to your local township building and check the zoning for your residence..is it zoned for commercial or residential..? if it's not zoned commercial you wont be able to open a business in your home. then you need to get permits , prob. a u&O, a sign permit, if you want to hang a sign. you will need to check with an electrician because you will prob. have to up your service amps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">