• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georger711

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?WAundefined
I have have a 13 year old daughter who consented to sex with an 18 year old. The age of consent for her is 16. What can I do becacause the public prosecutor doesn't want to charge the guy with rape. He appears not to want to spend the time and money on a case he might not win.

JETX

georger711 said:
I have have a 13 year old daughter who consented to sex with an 18 year old. The age of consent for her is 16. What can I do becacause the public prosecutor doesn't want to charge the guy with rape. He appears not to want to spend the time and money on a case he might not win.
Though I doubt your story (can't imagine a prosecutor not proceeding with this!), but if it is true.... contact your local police and file a criminal complaint on behalf of your minor child.

Happy Trails

georger711 said:
I don't know why the prosecutor is draggng his feet. Is there enough evidence?

RCW 9A.44.076
Rape of a child in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of rape of a child in the second degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is at least twelve years old but less than fourteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least thirty-six months older than the victim.
(2) Rape of a child in the second degree is a class A felony.

[1990 c 3 § 903; 1988 c 145 § 3.]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">