• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supersoft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SUPERSOFT

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA,
I BOUGHT A NEW HOME AND ON THE OUTSIDE IT HAS THE FRONT LANSDCAPING BUT ON THE SIDES AND THE BACK YARD THERE IS NO LANDSCAPING OR NOTHING JUST DIRT AND MORE DIRT IT IS NOT DEVELOPED AND WHAT I NEED TO DO OR WANT TO DO IS PLANT GRASS AND DO CEMENT WALKWAYS AND PUT A BARBECUE ETC.. MAKE IT LOOK NICE YOU KNOW..
NOW THE H.O.A IS TELLIGN ME THAT I NEED TO SUBMIT 3 ARQUITECTURAL DRAWINGS AND THE CONTRACTOR AND HIS LICENSE THAT IS GOING TO DO THIS JOB FOR ME AND OF COURSE A 65 DOLLAR PROCESSING FEE IS THIS TRUE ?? DO I NEED PERMISSION TO LANDSCAPE MY BACK YARD??? :(

SUPERSOFT

SUPERSOFT said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA,
I BOUGHT A NEW HOME AND ON THE OUTSIDE IT HAS THE FRONT LANSDCAPING BUT ON THE SIDES AND THE BACK YARD THERE IS NO LANDSCAPING OR NOTHING JUST DIRT AND MORE DIRT IT IS NOT DEVELOPED AND WHAT I NEED TO DO OR WANT TO DO IS PLANT GRASS AND DO CEMENT WALKWAYS AND PUT A BARBECUE ETC.. MAKE IT LOOK NICE YOU KNOW..
NOW THE H.O.A IS TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO SUBMIT 3 ARQUITECTURAL DRAWINGS AND THE CONTRACTOR AND HIS LICENSE THAT IS GOING TO DO THIS JOB FOR ME AND OF COURSE A 65 DOLLAR PROCESSING FEE IS THIS TRUE ?? DO I NEED PERMISSION TO LANDSCAPE MY BACK YARD??? :(

Last edited:

nextwife

What do your Association documents state? These are part of the "title" to the property and are binding upon all owners who buy in that subdivision.

Shel77

We too have to submit drawings to our HOA ARC to do any major landscaping changes however I find it odd that they charge you a fee to review this, I have never heard of that before. Also does it state that you have to have a licensed contractor to put in some plants and grass, if you are using one thats fine but if you were intending to do the work yourself are they saying you can't plant some bushes that you must have a contractor do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">