• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying my LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karnbil7

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I am a working musician. I've been playing keyboards, singing, and saxophone at various venues throughout my area over the past year and a half. So far I've made about $2000 a month doing this. Most of this income, however, is "under-the-table" cash. Seldom do any of the owners put me on their payroll.

I have decided that it might be good for me to form an LLC so that I can report this money as income to the IRS, and consequently, start paying taxes and also get myself into the credit system.

My question is: does this seem like a viable plan? Can I take the under-the-table cash the venue/band owners are paying me for my music service, deposit it in my bank, and then pay my LLC and report that as income to my LLC, or do I have to tell the venue owners to write out checks to my company?

Thank you,
Bill Vivino

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">