• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What the @#$% Does This Mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bamboozled03766

What Does This Mean?

What is the name of your state?I live in New Hampshire and I am having a problem understanding what a line at the end of my deed means. There is a line about a right of way across my property in the beginning few paragraphs of my deed...but at the end it says something to the effect that I "relinguish any rights and interests therein"....does that mean I give up all rights previosly written in the deed or does it mean all rights except that written right of way?

Last edited by a moderator:

JETX

Bamboozled03766 said:
What is the name of your state?I live in New Hampshire and I am having a problem understanding what a line at the end of my deed means. There is a line about a right of way across my property in the beginning few paragraphs of my deed...but at the end it says something to the effect that I "relinguish any rights and interests therein"....does that mean I give up all rights previosly written in the deed or does it mean all rights except that written right of way?
For us to be able to figure out what it says.... and means, we will need to read the entire deed to put the specific clause in context.
Please hold your deed up to the screen so that we can read it.

A little longer......

A little longer......

Just a few more minutes.

Okay, got it.

S

seniorjudge

Bamboozled03766 said:
Please give us the full details (leaving out personal info) on what the deed says EXACTLY....Thank you.

Bamboozled03766

Here is the needed Information

State of New Hampshire- first section reads "Excepting and reserving from within the conveyance a right of way across said premises along and over a driveway as it now exists leading in a general westerly from road to other lands of the said XXXXX and XXXX. Included is the right of said bamboozled to use said right of way in common with the said XXXXX and XXXX, their heirs and assigns.

Then at the end of the deed XXXXX and XXXX signed their names under the following statement:

"We and each of us, the grantors herein, release to said Grantees all rights of homestead and other interests therein. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have hereunto set our hand and seals this ## day of month, year

So my question is have the people that granted us the annex to our land given up their right to cross our property to get to a land locked piece of property that a niece of one of the original owners bought from them

S

seniorjudge

Bamboozled03766 said:
State of New Hampshire- first section reads "Excepting and reserving from within the conveyance a right of way across said premises along and over a driveway as it now exists leading in a general westerly from road to other lands of the said XXXXX and XXXX. Included is the right of said bamboozled to use said right of way in common with the said XXXXX and XXXX, their heirs and assigns.

Then at the end of the deed XXXXX and XXXX signed their names under the following statement:

"We and each of us, the grantors herein, release to said Grantees all rights of homestead and other interests therein. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have hereunto set our hand and seals this ## day of month, year

So my question is have the people that granted us the annex to our land given up their right to cross our property to get to a land locked piece of property that a niece of one of the original owners bought from them
Q: So my question is have the people that granted us the annex to our land given up their right to cross our property to get to a land locked piece of property that a niece of one of the original owners bought from them?

A: No, because (according to your facts) they "excepted and reserved" the easement, meaning they kept their rights to use it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">