• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chemicals caused miscarriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

victoriav

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin My daughter suffered a miscarriage and developed cervical cancer, after using chemicals at work that she now found out cause these conditions. The employer knew of her pregnancy. Are they liable for her loss ?

Last edited:

Aqua2005

well yes definitely.....companies have regulations to follow especially concerning the health of the employees....in your situation, the employee is pregnant...why should they allow your daugther to work with such hazardous environment knowing shes pregnant..... they are liable to this.... you should consult your lawyer for this... you may want to know a sort of legal actions... go to my site

rmet4nzkx

Wait a minute, we can't make such a determination without any facts? Just because the employer, knew she was pregnant doesn't prove the chemicals caused the miscarriage or the cancer. What were the chemicals? Are they known to cause cancer and miscarriage? Was there a warning? etc. While it is unfortunate miscarriage is common, over 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. We need more facts.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is unfortunately one of those situations where the employer is legally between a rock and a hard place. Because of pregnancy discrimination laws, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do relocate her, they can be in violation of the PDA. If they don't relocate her, they risk liability for any medical issues that may occur.

Did your daughter ask to be relocated to another position?

I agree with Ms. Cupcake that we need more facts.

rmet4nzkx

cbg said:
This is unfortunately one of those situations where the employer is legally between a rock and a hard place. Because of pregnancy discrimination laws, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do relocate her, they can be in violation of the PDA. If they don't relocate her, they risk liability for any medical issues that may occur.

Did your daughter ask to be relocated to another position?

I agree with Ms. Cupcake that we need more facts.
Thank You, this is just too vague, drinking too much water can kill you. Speaking of drinking, Mr Aqua is soliciting business, a no no.

Ms. Cupcake :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">