• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skycap8183

What is the name of your state?fl

My father and I did a quit claim 6years ago it was recorded and everything.Since then we have had a disagreement(the mortgage is still in his name, but has been paid by me since then).I am in the process of getting my own mortgage for the property.Because of the disagreement he now wants $15,000 on top of what is owed on the property am I obligated to the $15,000?

HomeGuru

skycap8183 said:

My father and I did a quit claim 6years ago it was recorded and everything.Since then we have had a disagreement(the mortgage is still in his name, but has been paid by me since then).I am in the process of getting my own mortgage for the property.Because of the disagreement he now wants $15,000 on top of what is owed on the property am I obligated to the $15,000?

**A: no but you should pay it.

S

seniorjudge

skycap8183 said:

You can file a partition (forced sale) lawsuit and have the court decide who owes what.

A cheap one costs $5K.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">