• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife puts lien on our home!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

Today I went to refinance my home, and found that my husbands exwife has 2 liens on our home. The home in which her name was quick claimed off of 2 years before she put our home up for a $1000.00 retainer for a lawyer!!!!! :mad: How stupid can she be? I though I would share this one with you guys, because every year she sees what else she can do to ruin my husband's credit and life. She lives in Texas and did this before she moved there. Who will address this matter Georgia Distric Attorney, or does Texas have to prosecute her how does that work? :mad: :mad: :mad:

S

seniorjudge

vivarantthang said:
What is the name of your state? GA

Today I went to refinance my home, and found that my husbands exwife has 2 liens on our home. The home in which her name was quick claimed off of 2 years before she put our home up for a $1000.00 retainer for a lawyer!!!!! :mad: How stupid can she be? I though I would share this one with you guys, because every year she sees what else she can do to ruin my husband's credit and life. She lives in Texas and did this before she moved there. Who will address this matter Georgia Distric Attorney, or does Texas have to prosecute her how does that work? :mad: :mad: :mad:
What kind of liens are you talking about?

Like she put up our home as colateral for a lawyer retainer for $1000.00 and a bad check she wrote to Capitol One Bank for $5,000. Doesn't our title insurance protect us from anyone putting a lien on our assets without us knowing about it? Because we would not have known if we were not going to re-finance our home.

S

seniorjudge

vivarantthang said:
Like she put up our home as colateral for a lawyer retainer for $1000.00 and a bad check she wrote to Capitol One Bank for $5,000. Doesn't our title insurance protect us from anyone putting a lien on our assets without us knowing about it? Because we would not have known if we were not going to re-finance our home.
Q: Doesn't our title insurance protect us from anyone putting a lien on our assets without us knowing about it?

A: No.

Now, please tell me how you know about these liens and what kinds of liens are they?

Is her name on the deed?

Did she get interest in the land in the judgment in the lawsuit?

No she was made to quick claim her name off of the property in 2002, I found the liens which are public record by searching Georgia's website for residents who have liens or judgement against their property. Since her name was on the deed previously, the county must have failed to update their records, because as of march of this year, she apparently lied to capitolone and the lawyer she retained and put the house up as colateral and then wrote bad checks against it.

S

seniorjudge

vivarantthang said:
No she was made to quick claim her name off of the property in 2002, I found the liens which are public record by searching Georgia's website for residents who have liens or judgement against their property. Since her name was on the deed previously, the county must have failed to update their records, because as of march of this year, she apparently lied to capitolone and the lawyer she retained and put the house up as colateral and then wrote bad checks against it.
Quit claim.

Not quick claim.

Okay, one more time: If she had no interest, then HOW did she get these liens and (for the third time) what kinds of liens are they?

BTW, the county does not check titles every time someone brings something in to record.

That is why I am asking you, the court clerk who records this info said that this happened because the records should have been updated when my husband went down and filed the paperwork with the clerk. A lien is a lien to me, hell I pay my bills, so I don't what the damn difference is.

stephenk

Ask the bank you are refinancing with to obtain copies of the lien documents that were filed with the county or go to the county registrar's office and get copies of the liens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">