• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien on our home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

When my husband inquired about refinancing our home, we found out that his ex-wife had not paid an attorney bill, and there is now a lien against our house for $1000.00. And another one for $5,000.00 for a Capitol One loan. The judge made her sign the quit claim in 2002, and these liens were recorded by the clerk on 3/2005, how can she do this? I do not know what kind of lien it is, all I know is we can't refinance our home until it is straightened out. What should we do?

S

seniorjudge

vivarantthang said:
What is the name of your state? GA

When my husband inquired about refinancing our home, we found out that his ex-wife had not paid an attorney bill, and there is now a lien against our house for $1000.00. And another one for $5,000.00 for a Capitol One loan. The judge made her sign the quit claim in 2002, and these liens were recorded by the clerk on 3/2005, how can she do this? I do not know what kind of lien it is, all I know is we can't refinance our home until it is straightened out. What should we do?
duplicate post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">