• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trampoline AND Homeowners?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justcorking

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

Hello all,
Recently I had to renew my homeowners policy. Since my family has bought a trampoline this last year, the insurance company is threatening to drop our policy. Now, my family has come to adore this trampoline, but we aren't completely unreasonable. It would be unfathomable to lose our home and all we have due to a toy. We would be willing to pay extra for a company that would cover both, but we haven't had any luck finding a company. If there is anyone who knows of a company who could help us out in this, we would be forever thankful, or if anyone knows of ANY way (legally, please) we can keep both the trampoline and the insurance, PLEASE post a reply!

Thank You in Advance!
-Simone

You Are Guilty

justcorking said:
What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

Hello all,
Recently I had to renew my homeowners policy. Since my family has bought a trampoline this last year, the insurance company is threatening to drop our policy. Now, my family has come to adore this trampoline, but we aren't completely unreasonable. It would be unfathomable to lose our home and all we have due to a toy. We would be willing to pay extra for a company that would cover both, but we haven't had any luck finding a company. If there is anyone who knows of a company who could help us out in this, we would be forever thankful, or if anyone knows of ANY way (legally, please) we can keep both the trampoline and the insurance, PLEASE post a reply!

Thank You in Advance!
-Simone

The answer to all your questions!

:rolleyes:

justcorking

RI-

Thank you very much, "You Are Guilty."

If anyone else knows personally of a company, please don't hesitate to post.

You Are Guilty

justcorking said:
RI-

Thank you very much, "You Are Guilty."

If anyone else knows personally of a company, please don't hesitate to post.
OK, I'll try one more time.

This is a free legal advice site. <--- Note the lack of "free recommendations for homeowners insurance for people too lazy to look on the internet themselves or to call a few local agents" in there.

Now do you understand why you are in the wrong place?

Ocelot

Give the trampoline to your neighbor - on the condition that your family can still use it. :)

Seriously, talk to somebody who works in the emergency room. There are a lot of trampoline injuries - and if a neighborhood child comes over and plays on your trampoline and gets hurt - it could be both tragic and expensive.

-Ocelot

Ocelot

You Are Guilty said:
OK, I'll try one more time.

This is a free legal advice site. <--- Note the lack of "free recommendations for homeowners insurance for people too lazy to look on the internet themselves or to call a few local agents" in there.

Now do you understand why you are in the wrong place?
YouAreGuilty,

Well, I'm new here too, but the title of the forum is :
"FreeAdviceForums> INSURANCE > Homeowners Insurance"

I can certainly understand how a newcomer could think this is a forum about homeowners insurance.

You have apparently been around here for awhile. Could you ask the mods to change the name of the forum to "legal something" so that we newcomers wouldn't think that it is about insurance?

Thanks,
-Ocelot

You Are Guilty

Ocelot said:
YouAreGuilty,

Well, I'm new here too, but the title of the forum is :
"FreeAdviceForums> INSURANCE > Homeowners Insurance"

I can certainly understand how a newcomer could think this is a forum about homeowners insurance.

You have apparently been around here for awhile. Could you ask the mods to change the name of the forum to "legal something" so that we newcomers wouldn't think that it is about insurance?

Thanks,
-Ocelot
Or, I I could just direct your attention to the very top of your internet broswer where it says "Free Legal Advice FreeAdvice Forums" and hope that you and everyone else gets the hint.

Ocelot

YouAreGuilty,

You have made it clear that neither I nor the fellow whose thread I'm hijacking are likely to get answers to our questions. Of course, there may be other people posting here who have a different viewpoint than you do.

But, since we're here, do you know where there is a forum where homeowner's insurance is discussed?

I know it's way too late to change it, but if the site were called "FreeLegalAdvice.com", it would be more clear that it is not just advice about anything, but about legal issues.

When you search on Google or Yahoo, you get a hit on this site - and from that point, it looks like it might be a good place to ask for "free advice" about homeowner's insurance.

-Ocelot

You Are Guilty

I personally do not. However, since Google and Yahoo return more results than just this site, I'd start my search with those. Or, you can always just call a local agent and pick their brain. Try the local Yellow Pages under "Insurance Agents".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">