• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Seller Program Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrctmills

What is the name of your state?I'm in the business of collecting autographs thru the mail (celebs & sports). I came up with a different type of selling program to sell my Celebrity Address List and make good money, also in the process everyone who partipates would make good money. Let me explain the program.
I would like to send this email for people to participate in the program.
Example Email:
Hi,

I have a great Mail Order business opportunity for anyone who wants to make some extra money. Basically, you follow the instructions below and you can make a good amount of money every month.

The only way this business will survive is to have people acctually participate in the business. If you really look at the instructions and really understand how this business works, you will be able to see the potential of making money.

It cost ONLY $2.00 for the list! What's the worst that can happen? You lose $2.00?
Isn't that worth the risk to try this business and see that it actually works? It will work if everyone participates! But, believe me as soon as you send the $2.00, you will recieve the address list. That's what the business is all about. Use the list as you wish or just make money selling it.

INSTRUCTIONS

Follow these instructions EXACTLY, and in 10 to 20 days you will have received cash, all yours. This program has remained successful because of the HONESTY and INTEGRETY of the participants. Please continue its success by carefully ADHERING TOTHE INSTRUCTIONS.

Welcome to the world of Mail Order! This little business is a little different than most mail order houses. Your product is a celebrity address list. You are in the business of selling the list. (the money is made from people like yourself requesting that they buy the list.)

1) IMMEDIATELY send $2.00 to the first email address below starting at number 1. Send CASH thru Paypal only please. Enclose a note with each letter stating: "Please send me celebrity mailing list." (This is a legitimate list that you are requesting and you are paying $2.00 for this list). Once you pay $2.00, you will be emailed the address list. Keep list, so when you start recieving the $2.00, you email them the address list. (you can use the list to collect autographs thru the mail, if you want to or just money with the list)

2) REMOVE the name that appears number 1 on the list. Move theother 4 names up one position. (Number 2 will become number 1 andnumber 3 will become number 2, etc.)Place your email address in the # 5 position. (the email that you have thru Paypal)

3) Email the new letter with your name in the number 5 positionin to at least 10 (Ten) separate emails of friends, family or who ever you want (you can do as many as you like). Put in Subject Line, MAKE.MONEY SELLING CELEBRITY ADDRESS LIST.

4) Within 10 days you will receive payment in your Paypal account (You must email anyone who pays the celebrity address list). Keep a copy of this file for yourself so that you can use it again and again whenever you need money. As soon as you email out these letters you are automatically in the mail order business and people are sending you $2.00 to recieve the celebrity address mailing list.
This is a service. This is perfectlylegal. It's a mail order business. You are selling a clebrity address list.

NOTE: Make sure you retain EVERY Name and Address sent to you,either on computer or hard copy, but do not discard the names and notes they send you. This is PROOF that you are truely providing a product and you can provide them with this proof!

Remember as each post is downloaded and the instructions carefully followed, five members will be reimbursed for their participation as a mail order business with two dollars each. Your name will move up the list geometrically so that when your name reaches the number one position you will be receiving a good amount of cash!

Here is the email list:

1. [email protected]
2. [email protected]
3. [email protected]
4. [email protected]
5. [email protected]

At the bottom of email I want to put:
This seller program brought to you by www.?????.com

It would be a great way to sell the list and bring a lot of traffic to my site and help others make money. But, is it legal?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

S

seniorjudge

This is an old-fashioned chain letter scam.

Not only is it illegal, it never works.

mrctmills

Hi,

Thanks, I guess your right. It sounded like a good idea to get my website in front of a lot of people. Thanks.

S

seniorjudge

mrctmills said:
Hi,

Thanks, I guess your right. It sounded like a good idea to get my website in front of a lot of people. Thanks.
Gambling is a tax on people who do not understand mathematics.

Gambling on the internet is a tax on people who do not understand mathematics or computers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">