• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cb Radio problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peaches042

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? SC

I have a neighbor that have put up a Cb radio Anntenna across from our house. Since the antenna has been there we have been hearing all of his conversation. we can hear it on the phone, thru the computer speaker and answering machine. We have brought it to his attention and he still has not done anything about it.

We had the phone company out to look at things on our end and all they did was to give us a little box to place on the phone. It did not help! We talked to the power company and it seems the sounds are traveling via the power lines. We are on the same power pole and his anntena is right over or in the line of fire (so to speak) of the line. None of the other neighbor have this problem. they are on separate poles. I would like to know What I can do legally because we have talked to him about it and he will not help in solving the problem! The phone that pick up the conversation are on cordless they are regular phones. We had to stop using the answering macahine because it acted as an ampifier to his transmittions. any thing pulled in the wall with speakers picks up his sound! Help!

panzertanker

Peaches042 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? SC

I have a neighbor that have put up a Cb radio Anntenna across from our house. Since the antenna has been there we have been hearing all of his conversation. we can hear it on the phone, thru the computer speaker and answering machine. We have brought it to his attention and he still has not done anything about it.

We had the phone company out to look at things on our end and all they did was to give us a little box to place on the phone. It did not help! We talked to the power company and it seems the sounds are traveling via the power lines. We are on the same power pole and his anntena is right over or in the line of fire (so to speak) of the line. None of the other neighbor have this problem. they are on separate poles. I would like to know What I can do legally because we have talked to him about it and he will not help in solving the problem! The phone that pick up the conversation are on cordless they are regular phones. We had to stop using the answering macahine because it acted as an ampifier to his transmittions. any thing pulled in the wall with speakers picks up his sound! Help!
Depending on his usage and if he is required to have a license,based on wattage, etc.) I would contact the FCC.

They are tasked with ensuring that circuits that produce waves do not interfere with normal operations of other equipment.
File a complaint and see what happens.
Good Luck.

Peaches042

I think we have been very neighborly about this but now it has gotten really out of hand! The other day Dh was on the phone during a conference call and the person on conference with him could hear the guy conversation!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">