• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is legal for a seller to require of a buyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blackwhydah

ALABAMA

My corporation is seeking to purchase a property and until now have little problems with the seller.
They keep questioning WHO our silent partner is and wanting more and more info on our corporation!
Our corporate info is listed with the state and is quite legit. We have done nothing to cause them to act in this way except for refusing to name the source of our funding (which is also quite legit!)
They even went so far as to doubt our truthfulness regarding the wire transfer of large sums of money from one bank to another...even within the states! EVERYONE KNOWS THIS NOW. The federal government is quite diligent in its search for money laundering and such and thereby will not release millions of dollars from one US bank to another without first checking out the sources.
We are truly beginning to wonder just exactly WHAT these folks are up to....
What I need to know is this....is there any way possible to halt this harressment...which is what I personally consider it to be....without harming the progression of the purchase agreement and subsequent sale?

S

seniorjudge

Blackwhydah said:
ALABAMA

My corporation is seeking to purchase a property and until now have little problems with the seller.
They keep questioning WHO our silent partner is and wanting more and more info on our corporation!
Our corporate info is listed with the state and is quite legit. We have done nothing to cause them to act in this way except for refusing to name the source of our funding (which is also quite legit!)
They even went so far as to doubt our truthfulness regarding the wire transfer of large sums of money from one bank to another...even within the states! EVERYONE KNOWS THIS NOW. The federal government is quite diligent in its search for money laundering and such and thereby will not release millions of dollars from one US bank to another without first checking out the sources.
We are truly beginning to wonder just exactly WHAT these folks are up to....
What I need to know is this....is there any way possible to halt this harressment...which is what I personally consider it to be....without harming the progression of the purchase agreement and subsequent sale?

Tell them if you money isn't green enough, then you will find another piece of land to buy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">