• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Bites Electirc Meter Man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquaeous

What is the name of your state? I am in Kentucky.
My husband was outside and so was my dog who was tied up and has been known to be overly playful but never agressive. Electric man asked if the dog bit and my husband said no. Well needless to say he bit the electric man's hand. He left and said I'll be seeing you but husband was so busy holding the dog he didn't see what if any injury was inflicted. Will we be responsible as the dog was tied in our yard? Also, as we have no insurance for our home is there much recourse involved? Thank you, any help appreciated! DB

S

seniorjudge

aquaeous said:
My husband was outside and so was my dog who was tied up and has been known to be overly playful but never agressive. Electric man asked if the dog bit and my husband said no. Well needless to say he bit the electric man's hand. He left and said I'll be seeing you but husband was so busy holding the dog he didn't see what if any injury was inflicted. Will we be responsible as the dog was tied in our yard? Also, as we have no insurance for our home is there much recourse involved? Thank you, any help appreciated! DB
IMMEDIATELY get this dog to a veterinarian. The dog may need to be impounded for up to ten days to make sure he does not have rabies.

Do NOT talk to the meter man about this at all.

Stand by for further advice (when you get back from the vet).

You Are Guilty

seniorjudge said:
IMMEDIATELY get this dog to a veterinarian. The dog may need to be impounded for up to ten days to make sure he does not have rabies.

Do NOT talk to the meter man about this at all.

Stand by for further advice (when you get back from the vet).
Nonsense. It's well known in medical circles that an "electric" man (meter or any other sort) cannot contract rabies. Something about his high voltage killing the germs I think.

parrotmom

You Are Guilty said:
Nonsense. It's well known in medical circles that an "electric" man (meter or any other sort) cannot contract rabies. Something about his high voltage killing the germs I think.
(chuckles) :D

stevek3

aquaeous said:
Reminds me of something similar that happened to Inspector Clouseau.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">