• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpadi spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natwilli

Unpaid Spousal Support

What is the name of your state? CA

My father and mothers divorce was settled in court in 1998. My father has for the last year and ahalf has decided to not give spousal support to my mother. It has been recently brought to our attention that he purchased a house while they were still married but separated, not legally, and has placed that house on sale now. My questions would be what is the best way to go about getting my father to pay the unpaid spousal support and should my mother get a court order for a lien on the property so that is cannot be sold until he pays her all the spousal support he owes???

Last edited:

The best thing to do is for your mother to get a family law attorney to enforce the divorce decree and to see if he was hiding assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">