• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller in probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kahikokoa

What is the name of your state? Hawaii. What are my options other than backing out of the contract, to get the seller to close escrow? I made an offer which was accepted by the seller on a acre of land in Hawaii. The offer was made on March 6, 2004 and was accepted on March 18, 2004. Escrow was tentatively scheduled for May 10, 2004. This is now May 24, 2005 and escrow has not closed due to the sellers divorced spouse passing away before holdings could be signed off, thus the probate matter.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

kahikokoa said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii. What are my options other than backing out of the contract, to get the seller to close escrow? I made an offer which was accepted by the seller on a acre of land in Hawaii. The offer was made on March 6, 2004 and was accepted on March 18, 2004. Escrow was tentatively scheduled for May 10, 2004. This is now May 24, 2005 and escrow has not closed due to the sellers divorced spouse passing away before holdings could be signed off, thus the probate matter.

**A: your other option would be to wait until probate approval is granted to close on the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">