• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex wifes mother KILLED my 4 year old Heaven

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpHeaven

Hello, my name is Denver J. Collison! I am from Indianapolis, IN. For the past year I have been trying to find justice for my precious 4 year old daughter Heaven! She past away last June. CPS is covering this up and it seems as if no one wants to help me get justice for Heaven. Please help me, here is my story:

October of 2003 I divorsed my ex wife. In January of 2004, my ex wife was remarried and got into a lot of trouble with the law, drugs and then CPS. They were investigating her at that time. She called me in January and told me that she could no longer take care of our children. So immediately, I went to pick them up from her residence. At that time two of the three children were sick. The youngest two both suffer from cystic fibrosis. I took them to Riley Childrens Hospital, where they were both admitted for 21 days. The ex wifes mother took turns with me watching my two children at the hospital. Then sometime during the three weeks, she contacted CPS and made up storries about me to have the investigate me so that she can take my two kids home with her. (for their disability checks) They investigate the alligations and all came back to be false! I finally gain custody of my children in November of 2004. But it was already too late.
Wednesday, June 9th my girlfriend called over to the grandmothers' home. She was trying to make arrangement for my kids to see me for my birthday/fathersday! At that time she was told by the grandmother (Tammy B. Mitchem) that Heaven was sick. She said she called out to Riley Hospital and they said if Heaven was not better by morning to take her to the hospital. The morning of June 10th, I called to Mrs. Mitchem's home to check on my daughter. At that time Mrs. Mitchem's Son Mitchey answered the phone histarical. He proceeded to tell me Heaven was dead. I immediately walked out of my job and went over to the Mitchems' residence. When I walked up, Tammy was holding Heaven rocking back and forth saying how sorry she was.
When the autopsy report came back it said that Heaven died from dehydration. She was dirty she had head lice and she passed away the night before. Tammy said to us at the time the ambulance was there that heaven was awake and ok at 7 o'clock that morning eating breakfast.
Heaven and my son Cody both have cystic fibrosis. Which because of their disorder, they are to be hooked up to a feeding machine EVERY night. Which this machine gives them the vitamin and nutrients thier body need to make them stay healthy. Heaven was not hooked up the machine that night. Tammy allowed heaven to sleep on a mattress on the floor with her, not hooked to her machine. If she was hooked to her machine, she would not have dehydrated.
Heaven passed away in June. From June 2004- Jan. 2005, Tammy was still cashing her Disabilty checks. That is cold! And still nothing has been done about that either.
CPS sent me a report that said after reviewing the case, Heaven did in fact die from neglect and Tammy B. Mitchem was the one who neglected her. They said they turned to report over to Homicide. Well it is May almost June of 2005... Nothing is done. Tammy B. Mitchem is walking the streets.
My questions are, why were my kids placed in my care when the judge ordered CPS to do their tests and place them with me?
Why wasn't heaven hooked up to her machine?
Why wasn't heaven taken to the hospital?
Why wont anyone speak with me?state?

rmet4nzkx

I'm sorry for your loss.

Please contact an attorney for a consultation, they can evaluate your options. You might also contact the DA's office re the case. Do you have custody of your children now?
Have you contacted Social Security and advised them of your child's death? Do you have a copy of the death certificate and autopsy report?

HelpHeaven

Thank You

I do have custody of my two boys! They are doing very well. I have contacted social security because the grandmother was still cashing my Heaven's checks from June until January. That is how cold hearted she is. She is still walking the streets with my daughters blood on her hands...

rmet4nzkx

Someone didn't contact Social Security. Have you changed the rep payee for your other children to you? Please contact an attonrey.

HelpHeaven

My girlfriend called Social Security and reported it herself. ANd when I went down to transfer my son's to my home they asked about transfering Heaven's as well. That is when I told the guy she passed away. He did not know. And he told me he was sending the checks then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">