• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Add wife to Deed in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wackjob2

Pennsylvania, Monroe County, East Stroudsburg

First thank you for trying to help. I wish to add my spouse to my current deed. When I purchased the home she was not on deed. How do I go about doing this? I have been told that ONLY a lawyer can do this simple transaction. Again thank you for your time and assistance.

HomeGuru

wackjob2 said:
Pennsylvania, Monroe County, East Stroudsburg

First thank you for trying to help. I wish to add my spouse to my current deed. When I purchased the home she was not on deed. How do I go about doing this?
I have been told that ONLY a lawyer can do this simple transaction. Again thank you for your time and assistance.

**A: no, only a lawyer should do it..........

John Se

see your local title company

you need to deed from yourself to yourself AND your wife. Your title company or lawyer will advise if you need to to warranty deeds or quit claim deeds

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">