• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Description of property on quick claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Saffron

I have an old quick claim deed with the legal description of the property referencing three different maps - Two are Plat maps (one f/1929 & one f/1939) and the third is a tax map. Each shows the property (lot) in a different area and/or size.... What map do I follow or could I possibly own all areas referenced?
My email address was entered incorrectly on the registry. It is suppose to [email protected]
Thanks

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saffron:
I have an old quick claim deed with the legal description of the property referencing three different maps - Two are Plat maps (one f/1929 & one f/1939) and the third is a tax map. Each shows the property (lot) in a different area and/or size.... What map do I follow or could I possibly own all areas referenced?
My email address was entered incorrectly on the registry. It is suppose to [email protected]
Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea. Quite possibly a title search needs to be completed to determine chain of title from 1929 to current and a current survey completed. Try checking with the county real property tax office to see what their records indicate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">