• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return custody to mother who voluntarily terminated rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

behappy

What is the name of your state? MI

Brief synapsis. Mother went into rehab, three kids into foster care (had given up a child a year earlier) eight years ago. We adopted three girls (plus had 4 natural). We allowed girls to continue relationship with Mom as the only real issue was that she did not want to be responsible. Now one of the girls who is 16 wants to move back with bio mom. Bio Mom wants her back. Adoptive family considering the idea. Is there any way to do this legally? Where birth mom could take legal responsibility of her?

Zephyr

adoptive family could sign over temporary guardianship, I don't think that makes her financially responsible though.

VeronicaGia

WANNACRY said:
adoptive family could sign over temporary guardianship, I don't think that makes her financially responsible though.
It won't, in fact, our poster will be responsible for child support to the bio mom.

The only other way is to let bio mom adopt the child.

MAZTECINC

From what I understand this will be difficult to undo, there has to be some loophole somewhere though. Keep on digging, I hope you find the information you are looking for. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">