• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

special licensing or certification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ooboo

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Ok, lets start with, I know it's illegal to claim to be a certified, registered or licensed counsler or therapist if you're not. Is it legal to offer advice, counseling service for a fee to other people as long as you specify that you are not a certified anything ? I think the "for Fee" part is the technical part where I need to know if it'd be legal. Obviously there are people all over the country giving advice everyday to someone, wanted or unwanted.

I was thinking of offering just "Common Sense Counseling", nondemoninational, real life advice and assistance. There are so many people out there that don't know where to look for help, or how to write a letter for various purposes. I can't save the world but maybe I can help someone.

Would it be legal as I long as I don't pretend to be any licensed counsler ?

Ooboo
PS, yes I'm temporarily umemployed so am pondering many things during this time : )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">