• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick claime mess! and more... HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shinzbright

my husband and I have filed for divorce this will be the second time. the first time he signed a quick claim deed giving me possesion of the property although I droped the divorce the quick claim deed was filed and went through now the taxes are comming in with my name, note that he does not want the place. since he did not put my name on the loan when we bought the house I am unable to get any info on the loan that I am paying for. bare with me it gets worse!!we both have left the property but I have rented it out till I can get back. now Im finding out that under this government loan (graffa) we are to live in the house at all times. my questions are... Is the quick claim legal if it went through with the divorce being dropped 1st time and am I braking the law by renting the home out? and if so is my lease with the renters legal? please keep in mind that at this point I can not afford another attorney and the one I have for the divorce has offerd no advice on this matter so Im really at a loss. I want to keep my home for me and my children and being that I have filed for the divorce in another state I can not move back till it is final. Any help would be more than appriciated !!!!!! the state the house is in is Georgia and I am in TN

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shinzbright:
my husband and I have filed for divorce this will be the second time. the first time he signed a quick claim deed giving me possesion of the property although I droped the divorce the quick claim deed was filed and went through now the taxes are comming in with my name, note that he does not want the place. since he did not put my name on the loan when we bought the house I am unable to get any info on the loan that I am paying for. bare with me it gets worse!!we both have left the property but I have rented it out till I can get back. now Im finding out that under this government loan (graffa) we are to live in the house at all times. my questions are... Is the quick claim legal if it went through with the divorce being dropped 1st time and am I braking the law by renting the home out? and if so is my lease with the renters legal? please keep in mind that at this point I can not afford another attorney and the one I have for the divorce has offerd no advice on this matter so Im really at a loss. I want to keep my home for me and my children and being that I have filed for the divorce in another state I can not move back till it is final. Any help would be more than appriciated !!!!!! the state the house is in is Georgia and I am in TN<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Quit Claim Deed is still legal regardless of the no divorce and you not being on the loan. Yes you are breaking the law if the loan is an owner/occupant loan and do not live at the property. Your lease with the tenant is still legal.
Regardless of your divorce situation, you need to refinance the loan and get it only in your name. If you intend to move back into the home soon, an owner/occupant interest rate would be lower than investor rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">