• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to get the deadman off my deed???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A.STORM

My parrents gave me a piece of property as a wedding gift. :D However one of the previous owners is an old friend who has passed on (and his name is still on the deed as owning 33 1/3%). He has no heirs. How do I get him off the deed??? :confused:

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A.STORM:
My parrents gave me a piece of property as a wedding gift. :D However one of the previous owners is an old friend who has passed on (and his name is still on the deed as owning 33 1/3%). He has no heirs. How do I get him off the deed??? :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hire a real estate attorney to file a Quiet Title action. Filing the death certificate and public notice may result in you getting his interest in the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">