• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal desc. of property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Saffron

I have done a title search and boundary survey and am told that I do not own the area that the 1929 plat map refers to and that I only own the area that the 1939 plat map refers to.... But I was under the impression that via that quick claim deed that both areas were conveyed because it references all maps.

D

David J. Miller

I assume you intended to ask a question but since you didn't I'm not going to try and extrapolate one.

When you do post back and pose a question you should plan on giving more information concerning the relativity of "that" quit claim deed. :)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saffron:
I have done a title search and boundary survey and am told that I do not own the area that the 1929 plat map refers to and that I only own the area that the 1939 plat map refers to.... But I was under the impression that via that quick claim deed that both areas were conveyed because it references all maps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saffron, you were under the wrong impression. In addition, in a Quit Claim Deed transfer, title is not guaranteed or warranted meaning that whatever interest that the Grantor has is quit claimed (transferred) to the Grantee. If the Grantors interest is only 1000SF of real estate encunbered by a mortgage and tax liens, then that is exactly what the Grantee gets despite any attached plat maps to the deed.

David J. Miller, the writer posted an earlier one that I responded to. Intead of continuing a thread it became a brand new post. That is why this post had no question or foundation. Don't be too hard for the writer is just a spice.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited October 26, 2000).]

D

David J. Miller

My apologies to the poster. Although as the smilie indicates my message was meant to be taken light heartedly. I'll admit, without the smilie it sure comes across with a different tone. Not intentional though.

Have a great day all!!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David J. Miller:
My apologies to the poster. Although as the smilie indicates my message was meant to be taken light heartedly. I'll admit, without the smilie it sure comes across with a different tone. Not intentional though.

Have a great day all!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, that smiley face sure goes a long way.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David J. Miller:

Have a great day all!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, that smiley face sure goes a long way.

S

Saffron

A Belated Thank you to the Guru

Don't be too hard for the writer is just a spice.

I never got to thank you for the David Miller rebuttle... So, THANK YOU!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">