• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overhanging trees on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kallet

i have a neighbor, her pine trees are creating a hazard and damaging my pool, pump, and filter with the trees debris. in the fall the needles cover my pool tarp and my son can easily fall in without being able to distiguish the difference in cement and cover , what if any are my recourses?

W

wilbergris

In most areas you are allowed to trim the part of the tree that hangs over into your yard. I'm sure that if you discuss this with your neighbor and offer to pay/split the cost of pruning the tree (as long as the resulting pruning doesn't kill the tree) you should be able to settle this. If you give your state I'm sure somebody more qualified will be able to help you further.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">