• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Eviction Horrors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pba

I went to court on an eviction, was talked into a stipulation by the Mngt. companies Atty. The court ordered what amount I still owed (which I agreeed with) yet now I recieve something from the management company detailing an additional $5,000.00 worth of charges (which includes paying off the remainder of lease *they* terminated, bogus unpaid legal fees from two years ago, and an assortment of other erroneous charges). They are threatening to report this as an unpaid bill to various credit companies to damage my credit.

Is this legal? Can I counter this with receipts from the carpenter I had to hire to make repairs on the apartment that the manager refused to make the repairs?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pba:
I went to court on an eviction, was talked into a stipulation by the Mngt. companies Atty. The court ordered what amount I still owed (which I agreeed with) yet now I recieve something from the management company detailing an additional $5,000.00 worth of charges (which includes paying off the remainder of lease *they* terminated, bogus unpaid legal fees from two years ago, and an assortment of other erroneous charges). They are threatening to report this as an unpaid bill to various credit companies to damage my credit.

Is this legal? Can I counter this with receipts from the carpenter I had to hire to make repairs on the apartment that the manager refused to make the repairs?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the settlement was the stipulation then it would be a closed case unless L reserved their rights to file additional claims. If the additional charges are bogus then you need to file a counterclaim to protect your interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">