• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frozen Pipes after purchase of House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

champ326

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

On Jan 24th closed on house. Went to house frozen solid. Owner paid for frozen pipes to be fixed by plumber I called. I have no idea what he paid to the plumber or if I have a guarantee on the pipes. The original owner's atty told me that the owner is responsible to pay for all damages and will reimburse me for all loss and he will hold monies in escrow. We had to stay in hotel with 5 dogs, 1 bird and sick baby for 3 three weeks. My father in law - we had to find a place for him to stay. I lost rent from him. My furniture and clothes and all belongings were packed in the garage and could not get to them. They gave me some money but no where to cover the damages. Ins. Co. investigation said there was no oil in tank. I did my walk through the week before because both realtors told me I had to because they were going on vacation. Now the owner or atty will not return my call or reimburse me for my loss (I sent and gave a letter to my real estate atty on 3/23/05 to give to them to respond to my damages and no response). The owner moved to Virginia so I cant take him to small claims but can I take atty to court who lives here in my town. What can I do? This situation has caused severe stress on our lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">