• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA stress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candace623

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? NC
I want to put an above ground pool in my backyard with a surrounding 6 ft fence. HOA said ok on the fence but not the pool. what can they do to me if I decide to put the pool up anyway. 16 of my surrounding neighbors already gave me a thumbs up.

HomeGuru

candace623 said:
What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? NC
I want to put an above ground pool in my backyard with a surrounding 6 ft fence. HOA said ok on the fence but not the pool. what can they do to me if I decide to put the pool up anyway. 16 of my surrounding neighbors already gave me a thumbs up.

**A: read your CC&R's. Anything in there for violations such as fines, spankings, death by firing squad etc.?

Shel77

Any of the 16 neighbors that gave you the thumbs up, actually on your HOA board? If you put the pool up without permission they can fine you usually every 30 days until the pool is removed if you do not pay your fines they can put a lein on your home that eventually you would have to pay if you ever decided to sell or refinace your home. What do the CC&R's say about above ground pools, if it say you must submit to the board for permission then you already have your anwser, Do any of your other neighbors that like this pool idea so much have an above ground pool themselves?

candace623

Our bylaws are specific about inground pools needing approval. There is no mention of above ground pools. As for consequences that we would incur for erecting this pool, the most they can do is have someone come on to our property and physically remove the pool at our expense. And to answer the question of the other neighbors, no they themselves do not have a pool but they did sign a petition 3 years ago for another neighbor to install a pool. That person no longer resides in our community.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">