• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Policeman not present at hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcdo

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I had attended a hearing for a traffic ticket. After the judge have heard about 2 cases he stepped out of the courtroom for a minute. When he came back in he said that the officer for my case is in the hospital. He began to schedule a continuance. I moved that my case be dismissed because of the officer not being present. He denied my request and rescheduled the hearing.

parrotmom

mcdo said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I had attended a hearing for a traffic ticket. After the judge have heard about 2 cases he stepped out of the courtroom for a minute. When he came back in he said that the officer for my case is in the hospital. He began to schedule a continuance. I moved that my case be dismissed because of the officer not being present. He denied my request and rescheduled the hearing.
And your question would be?

racer72

And your question would be?
I sure hope he's not asking if anything illegal was done. A continuance is the proper procedure when a witness is not available with a valid reason. Being hospitalized definitely qualifies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">