• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with other tenants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ninedi

I get up every morning at 6:30. The tenant that lives underneath me decides to play music every Thursday-Saturday around 11:30 p.m. Quiet hours for the building is at bar closing times, but I also have a 16 month old son and the music disturbs him. Music cannot be louder than 55 decibels in Dekalb. The music is not that loud as far as outside but I live above them and it vibrates my floor. I would like to know if there is a way for one of us to move into another property managed by the realtor or what else can I do. I signed my lease with one realtor that was building the place for the other. When I signed they told me that it was going to be a quiet life style building then when my lease got transferred it was another story. Please help me. I really like it here except for the parties every weekend.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ninedi:
I get up every morning at 6:30. The tenant that lives underneath me decides to play music every Thursday-Saturday around 11:30 p.m. Quiet hours for the building is at bar closing times, but I also have a 16 month old son and the music disturbs him. Music cannot be louder than 55 decibels in Dekalb. The music is not that loud as far as outside but I live above them and it vibrates my floor. I would like to know if there is a way for one of us to move into another property managed by the realtor or what else can I do. I signed my lease with one realtor that was building the place for the other. When I signed they told me that it was going to be a quiet life style building then when my lease got transferred it was another story. Please help me. I really like it here except for the parties every weekend.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, talk to the property manager and have them either stop the loud music which infringes on your right to quiet enjoyment of the property or agree for you to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">