• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Escrow Money Held Hostage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

REC706

Florida

I have been trying for 3 months to buy a lot of land in Highlands County. The sellers could not provide a clear title. And when we finally did get a closing date the closing fell through with no fault of
mine and the sellers don't want to sell the land. The UPS computers were down the day before my closing packet was due at the title company so it got there one day late. How do I get my money
back from the Title Company? I have $500 is escrow and the transaction
did not take place. The Title Company won't release the funds to me unless the seller signs a cancellation agreement. And I am out $200 for loan application fees and the bank won't return the money b/c they say they are not at fault. I lost all the way around in this process. No money, no land, no investment. I can not afford to lose this amount of money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">