• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robert L Mears

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
My brother and I had a life estate set up on mothers property in 1996 for her protection. My brother passed away last year. I wish to revoke, modify or change it so it comes to me and, as I understand it, his portion goes to my sister in law. She has nothing to do with our family home except to have her hand out when my mother passes away. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. Thanks, Bob please reply to my email [email protected]

S

seniorjudge

Robert L Mears said:
What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
My brother and I had a life estate set up on mothers property in 1996 for her protection. My brother passed away last year. I wish to revoke, modify or change it so it comes to me and, as I understand it, his portion goes to my sister in law. She has nothing to do with our family home except to have her hand out when my mother passes away. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. Thanks, Bob please reply to my email [email protected]
What exactly did y'all do in 1996?

Has your mother passed?

Is your mother competent?

Are you saying you don't want your brother's wife to have his share?

What (if anything) did your brother put in writing concerning his wife?

Robert L Mears

My Brother and I are both retired Navy. My mother is still alive (92) and competant. This is our family home . My sister is law had nothing to do with it and should not get anything IMO. My brother had nothing in writing for his wife concerning this property. The Life Estate is to my brother and myself. My mother lives there until she passes. PLEASE reply to my email. I do not ck this forum all the other time. I appreciate your help. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">