• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relocation fee calif

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

ms.murph

i do not have a written lease only verbal property is being sold. my landlord has been threatening me verbally tryingto scare me into leaving. I have no money to relocate can I get a relocation fee. he has not started an eviction process yet. property is in escrow. and probate

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ms.murph:
i do not have a written lease only verbal property is being sold. my landlord has been threatening me verbally tryingto scare me into leaving. I have no money to relocate can I get a relocation fee. he has not started an eviction process yet. property is in escrow. and probate<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The next time you post, post on this one creating a thread rather than starting a brand new post.

Here is the deal: L can serve you with a 30 days notice to vacate or if your rent has not been paid, serve you with a 5 days notice to pay or quit. If you have no written lease, then you are considered a m/m tenant, therefore you have no rights to a relocation fee. The law does not allow L to pay T a relocation fee just because T has no money to relocate.

Signed,
Papa Smurf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">