• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Lease eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mattnlis

Hello. I have been renting out my home in FL since January because I was out of state. Our original lease was a lease/purchase option. Since my tenant could not come up with the down payment, the lease became void. I agreed to let him rent the house until I came back to FL. I called him on Sept. 28 to let him know I was coming back. I gave him until October 31 to move out. Today is the 28th and he is still there with no signs of moving. My question is, will I need to serve him a written 30 day notice before I can serve him with a 3 day eviction notice? I have an attorney in FL but I have been unable to reach her this past week. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattnlis:
Hello. I have been renting out my home in FL since January because I was out of state. Our original lease was a lease/purchase option. Since my tenant could not come up with the down payment, the lease became void. I agreed to let him rent the house until I came back to FL. I called him on Sept. 28 to let him know I was coming back. I gave him until October 31 to move out. Today is the 28th and he is still there with no signs of moving. My question is, will I need to serve him a written 30 day notice before I can serve him with a 3 day eviction notice? I have an attorney in FL but I have been unable to reach her this past week. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to give 30 days written notice to vacate on a m/m lease. You did not have a true lease option because a lease is not cancelled if T can not come up with the downpament. A lease option is two contracts in one: a lease and an option to purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">