• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INJURY ON LANDLORD'S PROPERTY: IS HE TO BLAME?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frozen

rented a residential house in malibu California from April 99 to April 2000. My housekeeper bumped into the sliding glass door from the playroom to the patio and it shattered, cutting her severely.

The door was not fitted with safety, laminated or tempered glass.

My wife and I rented the house with a two year old child. the landlord and realtor knew the house was being rented to a family. There was no safety glass in any of the glass doors.

Should the landlord be liable for medical bills and replacement of glass?

Urgent.

we rented the house he piateteehe glass was not temperedme

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frozen:
rented a residential house in malibu California from April 99 to April 2000. My housekeeper bumped into the sliding glass door from the playroom to the patio and it shattered, cutting her severely.

The door was not fitted with safety, laminated or tempered glass.

My wife and I rented the house with a two year old child. the landlord and realtor knew the house was being rented to a family. There was no safety glass in any of the glass doors.

Should the landlord be liable for medical bills and replacement of glass?

Urgent.

we rented the house he piateteehe glass was not temperedme
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L is not liable. You have not stated one important factor which is the age of the home. I will presume that the home is not new and at the time the home was built safety glass was not used. Therefore the home was built using standard glass which at the time conformed to the Uniform Building Code. Have L file a claim against the homeowners insurance policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">