• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pedro

After going through the legal process of eviction (a real pain) I was awarded judgement against the tenant. The judge even gave the tenant the option of how much to pay every month. I didn't like it but it was this or nothing at all?. I made out a promisory note to pay to me and had the tenant sign it (he did)and just laughed and said he wouldn't pay (s---). The judgement was done in march, I have not received any payment as of yet (october). I have called the ex-tenant left messages and I get no response. My question is. what legal form do I file to bring them back to court and have the court make them pay in full.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pedro:
After going through the legal process of eviction (a real pain) I was awarded judgement against the tenant. The judge even gave the tenant the option of how much to pay every month. I didn't like it but it was this or nothing at all?. I made out a promisory note to pay to me and had the tenant sign it (he did)and just laughed and said he wouldn't pay (s---). The judgement was done in march, I have not received any payment as of yet (october). I have called the ex-tenant left messages and I get no response. My question is. what legal form do I file to bring them back to court and have the court make them pay in full.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The prom note/court approved payment schedule is your Exhibit A when you file collection action.
In an eviction, the complaint is to evict the tenant. There is another complaint that must be filed to collect the money that is owed. If the amount is large, you may want to consider hiring an attorney to file the complaint, get a judgement and file a garnishee on wages etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">