• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AntMeme

Your reply wasn't very helpful to me. Does the law protect me in any way from having to move the LP gas tank and our parking area that have been across the supposed property line for over 20 years now. Now remember the LP gas tank is in the same location it was when we bought the property. And the previous owner owned this house for approximately 5 years and had the gas tank installed. So in my guessamation the lp tank has been across the supposed property line for over 25 years. Isn't there some kind of law protecting us?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntMeme:
Your reply wasn't very helpful to me. Does the law protect me in any way from having to move the LP gas tank and our parking area that have been across the supposed property line for over 20 years now. Now remember the LP gas tank is in the same location it was when we bought the property. And the previous owner owned this house for approximately 5 years and had the gas tank installed. So in my guessamation the lp tank has been across the supposed property line for over 25 years. Isn't there some kind of law protecting us?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real word is guesstamation: made up of 2 words, guess and estimation. Now is that helpful?

I believe you are hinting at the law known as adverse possession. Conduct a search on this BB using the search words adverse possession and do some serious reading. Then go to the State Resources to find your State Statutes on this website and read the law on adverse possesion as it applies to your state. There are various criteria that come into play in order to prevail on an adverse possession claim. Hopefully you qualify so you will not lose the LP gas tank and the parking area. For all you readers out there, when you purchase real estate, always get a survey done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">