• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease is up,do I have a right not to renew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandee

I had planned on renewing the lease but under my conditions cause of previos problems but I want to cchange my mind and give them a notice in writing that I wish not to redo the lease which is up dec1. Do I have to give reason for doing so? I told him when he called that I would be bringing him this and he said he needed more time than 30 days and to take him to court. The rent for November is due but most likely won't get. This would be reason to evict but do I have to wait so many days? It's not stated in previos Lease. I really feel there is going to be trouble or damage.

T

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sandee:
I had planned on renewing the lease but under my conditions cause of previos problems but I want to cchange my mind and give them a notice in writing that I wish not to redo the lease which is up dec1. Do I have to give reason for doing so? I told him when he called that I would be bringing him this and he said he needed more time than 30 days and to take him to court. The rent for November is due but most likely won't get. This would be reason to evict but do I have to wait so many days? It's not stated in previos Lease. I really feel there is going to be trouble or damage.

T
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you saying here?
If you have a written lease that expires, you do not need to give L a reason why you do not wish to renew. If you do not pay your rent, L can evict prior to the termnation of your lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">