• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22350 changed to 22350VC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psRWC

I'm in California

I was on my motorcycle, going north on highway 1 (55mph posted). I was pulled over and the officer said I was going "very fast", and that he "saw me passing four (not all at once) cars that were going the speed limit". Then he said that I "...was gone... I couldn't even see you until I caught up to you just now". He wrote me up for going an (estimated) 75mph in a 55 mph zone, and the ticket read violation 22350. He said something to the effect of "I don't know exactly how fast you were going, but you were flying".

I just got in the mail a notice of correction changing the 22350 to 22350 VC Unsafe Speed. My understanding is that the 22350 VC is worse than a standard speeding ticket, possibly a misdemeaner.

I'm not arguing that I wasn't speeding.. I definately was. I don't feel like I was unsafe though, the fastest part was while passing the cars (which was over a dotted yellow line). The officer didn't see me after that (I was over the hill), but he seemed to base the estimate of my speed on the fact that he couldn't see me when he came over the crest. I was driving the speed limit behind several other cars when he pulled me over.

So, anyway... any advice? I was going to just pay the fine or go to traffic school, but if it's a misdemeanor, or for multiple points, maybe I should contest and plead for something lower? If I don't have a case, is there any advice for trying to get the option to go to traffic school on a 22350VC? I have a clean record, btw.

Thanks for your time.

S

seniorjudge

psRWC said:
I'm in California

I was on my motorcycle, going north on highway 1 (55mph posted). I was pulled over and the officer said I was going "very fast", and that he "saw me passing four (not all at once) cars that were going the speed limit". Then he said that I "...was gone... I couldn't even see you until I caught up to you just now". He wrote me up for going an (estimated) 75mph in a 55 mph zone, and the ticket read violation 22350. He said something to the effect of "I don't know exactly how fast you were going, but you were flying".

I just got in the mail a notice of correction changing the 22350 to 22350 VC Unsafe Speed. My understanding is that the 22350 VC is worse than a standard speeding ticket, possibly a misdemeaner.

I'm not arguing that I wasn't speeding.. I definately was. I don't feel like I was unsafe though, the fastest part was while passing the cars (which was over a dotted yellow line). The officer didn't see me after that (I was over the hill), but he seemed to base the estimate of my speed on the fact that he couldn't see me when he came over the crest. I was driving the speed limit behind several other cars when he pulled me over.

So, anyway... any advice? I was going to just pay the fine or go to traffic school, but if it's a misdemeanor, or for multiple points, maybe I should contest and plead for something lower? If I don't have a case, is there any advice for trying to get the option to go to traffic school on a 22350VC? I have a clean record, btw.

Thanks for your time.

Since you have confessed to speeding, then I suggest you take the traffic school and avoid the points. It may cost you more, but your insurance won't skyrocket.

psRWC

Yeah, I hope I get that option. I'm a little worried now since the citation was amended to a 22350VC (unsafe speed). From what I read online, that desiganation potentially elevates it to a misdemener.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

psRWC said:
Yeah, I hope I get that option. I'm a little worried now since the citation was amended to a 22350VC (unsafe speed). From what I read online, that desiganation potentially elevates it to a misdemener.

My response:

I got a real laugh out of this one, you dummy!

You didn't look up anything about 22350 or 22350 VC - - because they're the same frikkin' THING!!

The VC stands for "Vehicle Code," you dummy!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I just had to come back, and pour salt into your wounds. You really are a dumb schmuck!

You must be originally from Alabama, right?

IAAL

psRWC

Haha.. sure I'm stupid. That's why I'm posting here on "Freeadvice".

I guess maybe my citation isn't anything unusual. I just panicked when I got the amendment form in the mail. I had also read something on some site that was implying that the 22350 was worse, somehow. Now that I look up the code on the DMV site, and it looks like it's just a regular 1 point violation.

TYRIS

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I just had to come back, and pour salt into your wounds. You really are a dumb schmuck!

You must be originally from Alabama, right?

IAAL

- I was going to give the same response as IAAL but he beat me to it (besides, he's better looking and has more money...although.. I do have the unform and the car..chicks dig the car).

22350 CV is in no way close to a misdemeanor offense. The officer only has to prove that your speed was unsafe for road conditions present which should be easy. Pay the fine and take traffic school.

Tyris

psRWC

Pay the fine, take traffic school... cool that's what I'll do.

Just out of curiosity, why would the officer file a notice of correction to change the violation from "22350" to "22350VC Unsafe Speed"? Is it just for clarification, or is the reason for citation supposed to be on the original ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">