• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Records Mother/Son Phone Conversations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsTKirk

CALIFORNIA.

The Father who has physical custody of our son, has openly admitted to a court mediator employee that he has taped phone conversations between the mother and his son, and then offers the court mediator to listen to them. The court mediator employess refuses to listen to them but instead, allows the Father to speak about the contents about theses conversations. The court mediator in turn, takes the information the Father told him regarding what was said in these conversations and quotes them within his custody recommendations report.

Considering the Father realized the court mediator refused to listen to the taped phone conversations...but would accept the Father to verbally tell him what was said...The Father then took full advantage of that and flew with it, stating things that I would have NEVER said, basically making up anything he wanted.

Aren't mine and my son's 'rights to privacy' violated, both Federally and State? What about the mediator? What hand did he play in this? Any advice on how to approach this?

MsTKirk

If I could learn to spell correctly, I might be President some day!!

Forgive the typos within my post above.

Thank You.

BelizeBreeze

The mediator did not listen to the conversations because to do so would have allowed illegally obtained evidence into the record. there is no such prohibition to listening to the conversation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">