• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

definition of Commercial Vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalcole

What is the name of your state? GA

My condo association is demanding that I remove the lettering from my tailgate which advertises my small sign business. Is the lettering really conisidered commercial? I have a small business that I work out of the home, I do not use or carry tools in my truck. I rarely even drive as I work out of the home. It is a 2003 Ford Ranger (less than a 1/2 ton). I have lived here for 2 years and there has never been any mention of the lettering on my truck.

racer72

What you describe is a commercial vehicle, even if it is not used as part of the business. In some states, you could be pulled over and cited for not having commercial plates on the vehicle.

legalcole

ok, so...

what part of the sign actually makes it commercial? Is it just the name and phone number of the business (which I would conceal with a small magnetic) or would I have to cover everything (the services offered by the business). Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">