• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I watch my mother's dog?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

echoj13

My mother went on her honeymoon and I watched her dog for a week an half. When my mother brought the dog over my landlord said hello and never said another word while the dog was there. My mother in law had to go out of town so my husband an I agreed to watch her dogs. My lease states that I'm aloud to keep two dogs of my own. We are now being evicted for taking care of my mother in laws' dogs. I would like to know if we have to pay the remainder of our lease? If We are being evicted do we still get our security deposit back? I personaly think we did nothing wrong. I think that if he had a problem with us taking care of the dogs he should have said something when we had my mother's dog 4 months ago. We would never have agreed to take care of the other dogs.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by echoj13:
My mother went on her honeymoon and I watched her dog for a week an half. When my mother brought the dog over my landlord said hello and never said another word while the dog was there. My mother in law had to go out of town so my husband an I agreed to watch her dogs. My lease states that I'm aloud to keep two dogs of my own. We are now being evicted for taking care of my mother in laws' dogs. I would like to know if we have to pay the remainder of our lease? If We are being evicted do we still get our security deposit back? I personaly think we did nothing wrong. I think that if he had a problem with us taking care of the dogs he should have said something when we had my mother's dog 4 months ago. We would never have agreed to take care of the other dogs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What specifically does your lease say about having dogs and what does the eviction letter state?
There appears to be a conflict between the provision on the lease with respect to pets and the reason you are being evicted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">