• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contract rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KUJAWA

What is the name of your state?live in texas.. rent home, pay rent. verbal contract 2 years... home is sold by owner, legally how much time do i to vacate?

i moved in to owner finance, which owner denied after 4 months paying rent , . pay rent on time monthly for 2 years.
owner put under real estate company to sell.. now property sold, how long before i have to move legally..... can they deny my rental payment.

this is all verbal. nothing in writing.

i have been told i can buy it, but i cannot get financing due to my credit rating

shortbus

Lease contracts for more than 1 yr must be written to be valid. You would probably be considered a tenant "at sufferance", meaning the owner can end your lease anytime.

HomeGuru

shortbus said:
Lease contracts for more than 1 yr must be written to be valid. You would probably be considered a tenant "at sufferance", meaning the owner can end your lease anytime.

**A: again, averything in your response is incorrect snortfuss. Stop posting if you do not remotely know the correct answers.

HomeGuru

shortbus said:
And your much more accurate answer is ... what exactly?

**A: no, I am not playing games with you.
YOU prove that you are correct. You post the cite that backs up your statements.

HomeGuru

shortbus said:
Lease contracts for more than 1 yr must be written to be valid.

**A: so you are saying that a verbal lease for 12 months and 1 day is not valid? Post the cite that backs up your position.

You would probably be considered a tenant "at sufferance", meaning the owner can end your lease anytime.

**A: post the cite that backs your claim that the tenant in this case is a tenant at sufferance. And you are saying that the property owner can end the lease at anytime, such as tommorrow or next week due to the type of tenancy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">