• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curt

My contractor order new windows and roofing materials for my home, that was delivered by a building supplier. I paid the contractor for the work by check. The contractor never paid the supplier. Now I have a lien on my property for the buliding supplier. I don't want to pay twice. what should I do.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curt:
My contractor order new windows and roofing materials for my home, that was delivered by a building supplier. I paid the contractor for the work by check. The contractor never paid the supplier. Now I have a lien on my property for the buliding supplier. I don't want to pay twice. what should I do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did the contractor say about it when you talked to him? Is the work completed? The lien that the supply house is referring to is called a materialmans lien. You need to hire an attorney to force the contractor to pay the supply house so that the lien on your property can be removed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">