• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pkish424

If i suspect my tenant has done damage to my property and the evidence of it could be in her garbage, do i have a right to look thru her garbage....Will make out police report if i can prove she did the damage...damage was done on siding by throwing paint out her third floor window..already have pics taken...thanks in advance from connecticut

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pkish424:
If i suspect my tenant has done damage to my property and the evidence of it could be in her garbage, do i have a right to look thru her garbage....Will make out police report if i can prove she did the damage...damage was done on siding by throwing paint out her third floor window..already have pics taken...thanks in advance from connecticut<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call the police and show them the evidence. If either you look with the police there, or the police look through the garbage, it will be ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">