• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the best legal form you recommend to us?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hanact

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
Dear all,

My friend and I are planning to set up an import & export business together. I am a permanent resident (green card holder) and my friend is a foreigner (he is a Chinese and currently lives in China.) I understand that a foreigner can not be a shareholder for either S or C Corporation. So, we are considering going with LLC. However, we are not very certain if LLC is the best legal form we should go in our case. We really appreciate your advice and help! My email is [email protected] Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!! Thanks a lot!

- Hana :)

S

seniorjudge

hanact said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut
Dear all,

My friend and I are planning to set up an import & export business together. I am a permanent resident (green card holder) and my friend is a foreigner (he is a Chinese and currently lives in China.) I understand that a foreigner can not be a shareholder for either S or C Corporation. So, we are considering going with LLC. However, we are not very certain if LLC is the best legal form we should go in our case. We really appreciate your advice and help! My email is [email protected] Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!! Thanks a lot!

- Hana :)
You have asked an exceptionally complicated question.

My answer: hire a good business lawyer in your neck of the woods. It will be worth every dollar.

hanact

Dear seniorjudge,
Thank you so much for your prompt response. Just a quick question before we go to see an attorney, does a foreigner allow to form a company alone in the US? Or he/she must file with a citizen or permanent resident? Thank you again for your advice!! - Hana :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">