• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vicki freeman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vickifree

What is the name of your state?colorado
I have a law suit that has been going on for 2 1/2 years in Texas. My father passed away during recovery from a biopsy. My stepmother filed the suit and later on added my 2 sisters and I to the suit. She referred us to another attorney that is good friends with her attorney. We went to the mediation which was a joke....very very unproffesional. Our attorney said the right thing to do was take 10% each and let my stepmother have the rest. If we did not agree to do that he would drop us. The doctor offered 150,000 and we agreed to it. I just got a call from the attorney and the hospital has offered 150,000 also. He again wants us to take 10% each. We have not signed any papers for the hospital agreement and I wanted to know if we can say we think 20% for each of us is what we want to settle for. Can he drop us? If we do that can they take us out of the law suit and not get anything from the hospital? I got more money from a minor car accident than my fathers death. What can we do? He is also charging us $2000.00 for his services plus the 40%. Help please! :confused:

You Are Guilty

vickifree said:
What is the name of your state?colorado
I have a law suit that has been going on for 2 1/2 years in Texas. My father passed away during recovery from a biopsy. My stepmother filed the suit and later on added my 2 sisters and I to the suit. She referred us to another attorney that is good friends with her attorney. We went to the mediation which was a joke....very very unproffesional. Our attorney said the right thing to do was take 10% each and let my stepmother have the rest. If we did not agree to do that he would drop us. The doctor offered 150,000 and we agreed to it. I just got a call from the attorney and the hospital has offered 150,000 also. He again wants us to take 10% each. We have not signed any papers for the hospital agreement and I wanted to know if we can say we think 20% for each of us is what we want to settle for. Can he drop us? If we do that can they take us out of the law suit and not get anything from the hospital? I got more money from a minor car accident than my fathers death. What can we do? He is also charging us $2000.00 for his services plus the 40%. Help please! :confused:
Geez, is his body even cold yet? I guess it is a good thing your dad is dead already though. If he ever found out all you care about is profiting from his death at the expense of his wife, he'd probably have a coronary anyway. As is, I bet if you're real, real quiet, you can hear him spinning in his grave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">